- Get all the ingredients ready. Pour ghee and cold milk in a bowl and whisk it well.
- Whisk until ghee and milk emulsify into a smooth mixture and do not separate.
- Sieve the flour into the mixture and whisk again.
- Make sure the mixture is smooth. Add turmeric powder for colour and add water a little at a time and mix it well into a smooth and pouring consistency.
- The consistency of the batter should be so if you drop the batter from the spoon it should fall like a string.
- Heat ghee in a deep frying pan. The quantity of ghee should be half of the fry pan. Heat it on high flame till the ghee gets very hot. Check the right temperature by dropping a small amount of the batter and see if it immediately comes up without any delay.
- Pour batter into the ghee to make a big circle depending on the how thick ghevar you want to make. Pour the batter slowly in one continuous thin stream in the centre of the pan.
- Bubbles start forming all over the surface. Let the foam settle down. If the centre is totally covered, then use a ladle to make little space in the centre and keep on pouring the batter.Take 1- 2 min interval between pouring the batter.
- Turn the heat to low once you have poured batter into the ghee. Let it fry until it turns light brown in color.
- Take out the ghevar and put on a plate lined with absorbent paper towel.
To prepare sugar syrup:
Add water and sugar to a saucepan. Bring them to boil with occasional stirring. After it boils, heat it on low heat for 5-6 minutes till you get a one-string consistency.
Now dip the ghevar into the sugar syrup for 1 to 2 mins and take out. Place the ghevar on a plate and tilt it so that any excess syrup runs off.
Garnish with crushed pistachio and slivered almond nuts and enjoy!